The optimized website for mobile is the must-have for modern online business. If your new shiny site is not adaptable, you will definitely miss the battle for visitors, traffic and success. By the way, Google made this battle even more urgent by adding the mobile optimization of the website into its algorithms.
Therefore, you may need some interesting tools to modify your website and make it adaptable to any screen size. Modern tools offer a complete amount of services for the creation of a website from scratch or customize a template made by professionals. Are they all equally good at making an adaptable website and what are its advantages and disadvantages in this regard? Here I will take a look at some modern and fashionable tools to make the website that promises you the design of the adaptable websites.
Webflow is one of the newest and most feature-loaded tools for today. A WYSIWYG editor is used to create the designs and Bootstrap 3.0 to write the code. After registering for the service, you can start a website from scratch or customized template for Webflow market (paid or free).
The Webflow drag-and-drop management panel seems a bit complicated for a beginner, but it’s certainly nice and relatively intuitive. It has two modes: simple and advanced. They differ in the number of features that you can customize. Within this panel, you can configure everything you need in your template without diving into the code. Actually, Webflow offers the opportunity to customize CSS, but only for paid accounts.
Webflow websites are already adapting. You can see how the size of a template change to each of three devices: desktop, tablet and smartphone (in both landscape and portrait modes). You can easily customize all the elements (the size of the letters and images, etc.) to adjust your website for those three main breakpoints.
- Sensitive off-platform
- Allows adapted to fit any device perfectly
- Three large screen sizes (include smartphone in landscape and portrait modes)
- The advanced management panel
- Allows CSS personalization
- The free plan is limited in features (without CSS and HTML editing allowed)
- You can not see the management panel before subscribing
- It can be too difficult for beginners
- The designs of ready-made templates are very modest
MotoCMS 3 is another relatively new service of creating websites that offer a wide variety of customizable templates out of the box. Its administration panel and some functions are similar to those of Webflow. You can use your intuitive drag-and-drop editor to create your own customizable website from customizable templates.
One of the best features of MotoCMS 3 administration panel is that it is very easy to use and offers a so-called “intuitive support”. Each block has a tiny icon with a question mark that contains a pop-up window with a brief description of the use of blocks. Its exclusive function of colour selection allows changing the colour scheme through the entire design in a single click. As well as all the changes made for a certain element, they will be applied to all the elements of the same class in the whole template.
Like Webflow, MotoCMS templates are adaptable to three basic breakpoints, including smartphone in landscape and portrait modes. In any of these modes you can apply the changes to make your design more suitable for certain screen resolutions and your own design concept. One of the best things about MotoCMS 3 is that you can navigate, see an administration and demonstration panel in the four sizes of the screen without previous registration. From the “view management panel” mode, you can still examine all the functionalities of the system without saving the changes. Therefore, you can be sure that you are not getting hasty with your purchase.
- Already adaptable
- Four screen size modes (desktop, tablet, smartphone landscape and smartphone portrait) The administration panel can be examined without registration
- Allows you to adjust the template for any screen size you need
- The intuitive administration panel with “passive support”
- The professionally designed templates
- The price of templates
- No CSS settings allowed (but it’s good for beginners, since nothing in the code is spoiled)
- The product is not 100% finished yet, some advanced features will appear later.